Custom Windows 7 login screen.
6 replies to this topic
Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:43 PM
Hello, in this tutotial i will show you how to customize the windows 7 logon screen.
1) press "start" and open up "regedit"
2) Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionAuthenticationLogoâ€‹nUIBackground.
Double-click the DWORD key called OEMBackground and set the value to "1"
NOTE: if you can't see the DWORD key, just create a new one and name it as "OEMBackgrounds" and set the value to "1"
3) Now find a nice background you like and make sure its less than 256kb in size, and matched the aspect ratio of your screen as it will be stretched to fit.
4) Now, copy the desired imgae to "%windir%system32oobeinfobackgrounds"
NOTE: if you can't see the"infobackgrounds" folder. just create one!
5) Now, rename your image to "backgroundDefault.jpg"
6) Now, just reboot and you should have a custom log-on image.
I hope you guys found this tutorial helpful and useful.
I just want to say Please be very careful when doing this as you are editing the registry. If you have any doubts, JUST DON"T DO IT!
Reply to this topic
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users